Post Weekend Detox Tips
This weekend was my university’s homecoming, or better known as a reason to drink way too much and eat a lot of unhealthy food. There are of course healthier alternatives to the traditional alcohol and tailgating foods, however if I’m honest with y’all I didn’t have those alternatives this weekend.
It’s okay to have a cheat day or indulge a little however it’s important to know when to stop and also how to keep your overall health in tact Binge drinking and eating have a major effect on the mind and body. If you rest too long after it or get into the pattern of getting “too turnt” without properly recovering afterwards, the long term events could be very harmful.
Eating well regularly and staying active will keep the body healthy, but taking extra measures never hurts especially after an eventful weekend. Here are some of my favorite ways to detox:
- Green Tea – Green tea speeds up the metabolism and helps you flush out toxins. Having 2 – 3 cups of green tea a day can do wonders for your energy, skin, and body. I personally like my green tea best with honey for a little bit of sweetness, but it’s more effective without anything added. Green tea is also great for hangovers because it’s great for nausea and headaches as well.
- Detox Tea – Of course there a tons of detox tea brands that being advertised all over Instagram and Twitter, but don’t be fooled by the post do your research before trying a detox tea. Many of teas are so strong they make people sick, so it’s important to know how much you can tolerate. Once you do that detox teas are great in the right portion. My personal favorite detox tea’s is the Yogi Berry Detox Caffeine Free Tea. Detox’s tea usually have a bit of sweetness already added to them. Some detox tea systems are designed to energize and cleanse, like the After Glow Tea 14 day energizing and and purifying detox, in which you drink one at night and one during the day. Detox tea requires the most time and commitment but is very effective.
- Steam/Sauna – Sometimes it’s best to just sweat it out. Taking a hot shower obviously helps a hangover, but its even better keep releasing those toxin even after the hangover. Hot water and steam open the pores, clear the mind, and clean the body.
- Infused Water – Drinking water often is required to for a healthy body no matter what the
state is, but if you want to add a little kick to it add fruits and/or vegetables. It add fiber and antioxidants to the water, as well as taste delicious without all the extra calories. Drinking lots of fluids after drinking and eating heavy is highly recommended to having it look pretty and be flavored makes it less difficult to drink water consistently. I like to add lemon, lime, cucumber, and strawberry to my infused water.
- At Home Body Wrap – These are great for after a weekend pigging out. You can burn those couple extra inches off before they stick with a body wrap. You can either buy a body wrap, such as the It Works Fab Wrap, or you can make a DIY version. I’m actually wearing mine right now. What I use is cocoa butter, saran wrap, and my waist trimmer and sit with it for 45 minutes to 1 hour. There are several other methods to the at home body wrap as well that are equally as effective.
There are several other ways to detox, these are just my personal favorites. Food such as watermelon, apples, asparagus, grapefruit, and green smoothies can also detox the body. Whichever way to decide to cleanse make sure it’s not too extreme and makes you feel at your best.